Here are a few questions you’ll need to ask yourself when planning a Google Adwords campaign. Who’s my target market? What’s my offer? What are my customers searching for? What do I want out of my ad campaigns? What do I want my customer to do? How will I get my customer to take action? What are my competitors doing?
- Google Ads is based on an auction system that rewards businesses who have high-quality ad campaigns with lower costs and better ad placement.
- You can exercise tight control over how your Google Ads budget is spent using tactics like ad scheduling, geotargeting, and device targeting.
- The average cost per click in Google Ads is between $1 and $2 on the search network. The average CPC on the Display Network is under $1.
- The most expensive keywords in Google Ads and Bing Ads cost $50 or more per click. These are generally highly competitive keywords in industries that have high customer lifetime values, like law and insurance.
- Giant retailers can spend up to $50 million per year on paid search in Google Ads.
- The average small business using Google Ads spends between $9,000 and $10,000 per month on their Google paid search campaigns. That’s $100,000 to $120,000 per year.